Mighty Wins for this Mum At Work
So, it was the dinner time again. Here's the list of my problems that I was in search of a solution:
1. Long hours at meal-times by the kids was driving me up the wall at the time wasted in which we could all be doing so much more.
2. How to transform my rising irritation during meal-times to loving tenderness?
3. A book that I had read nearly 20 years ago - The Magic of Thinking Big by David Schwartz - is the pre-read to the upcoming leadership session for the members of Mums At Work™ Centre for Entrepreneurial Excellence. How do I create indelible transformation for the members from the book without re-reading it, which would be at the cost of reading another book?
4. How do I support my 10 year and 7 year olds' intellectual growth on a daily basis?
5. How do I make available the world's vast exciting knowledge to my children now, rather than hope they will access it when they grow up?
I stepped back from the situation and had 1 solution to the 5 problems. I told the kids that as soon as Mama is done with her meal, she is going to get a book of her choice and read from there till they finished their meals :-) After the initial incredulous resistance, they settled down to listen to the 5 pages from The Magic of Thinking Big. Sambar with tons of vegetables also got over. This was my most exciting meal-time ever. During the bed-time power hug, I asked my older one what was her feeling after listening to the 5 pages. She said initially bored but soon after she got interested. In response to what is the new thing she learnt, she said that success means achievement; and that she will have more belief in herself. My younger one said, he felt powerful and that he now will finish his maths faster because he believes he can. Mighty wins for this mum at work :-) Love, Jyoti.
Leave a Reply.
CEO & Founder